Thursday, January 3, 2013

out with the old...in with the new

well, i have been reading other blogs and have been told by many to start keeping a journal. so this is my journal. i am hoping by making this open for everyone to see, that it could possibly help others through their personal struggles.

i am a busy wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, teacher to 150 middle school kiddos, helper at the girls drs. office, student, and whenever possible volunteer for local animal rescue groups. when do i sleep you ask? whenever i can. my logic is i will sleep when i am dead. with all the need out in the world this is my way of trying to do my part.

like i said, i am a mother of 3 beautiful girls. maddie-is in the 1st grade and is beautiful and intelligent. she says she wants to be a dr when she grows up and is interested in everything related to the human body. morgan-she is my princess. she loves everything girlie, pink, dresses, and makeup. and gemma-she is my adventurer. she loves being with poppy (that is what she calls daddy) and building and climbing and most of all, getting dirty. all three girls have such different personalities, but are the light of my life. i do not go a day without them teaching me something.

then there are my fur babies. warren and i volunteer and foster for local animal rescue groups (him more so than me). currently we have 6 fur babies. 4 pups and 2 kittens. 2 of the pups are our fosters but i see them as my own. it is so hard to have fosters because we take them in and get so close, but the great thing is-if they leave our house it is usually for an incredible adoptive family, and i know they are going to have a great life ahead of them. and the other plus is that opens up another spot for us to take on a new foster.

my day job is trying to educate our future, the events of our past...which is no easy feat-let me tell you. one of my favorite professors in college told me, if i can teach my students content at least 50% of the time, then i am one of the lucky ones. this is my first "real" year teaching, so i am still trying to get into the swing of things, but i think it is going a little smoother now.

at night you could find me all over greenville. some nights i am helping out at the girl's doctors office-which i have been doing for the last 3 years. it is a great part time job and i love the women i get to work with there. on the nights i am not working at the doctors office i am taking classes at converse college or furman university. i am currently working on getting a couple of different certifications to add on to my teaching license and also on my masters in education, specifically in literacy. after the stop at furman and converse i am hoping to transfer to clemson or carolina to get my ph.d in educational psychology. we will see what life has for me before that happens though.

i couldn't do this crazy life without my husband, warren. he has sacrificed so much for me so i can get where i am at today. if you were to ask who my hero was i would tell you him in a heart beat. not because of anything specific, but the way he is willing to help others, even if he pretends to hate it, at the end of the day, he kills himself for what is best for everyone else. he has shown me to the bigger picture. my love for animals comes from him. he has taught me to take care of this earth, because if i don't then there won't be an earth to take care of.

so hopefully i will add to this blog a few times a week, but with my new schedule, it may be a little difficult. i will post things about my life and the girls, the doggies and warren, and of course i can't leave out my classroom tales. if you are interested check in once in a while, drop a note. would love to hear from you. :)





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment