Friday, January 4, 2013

getting back into the swing of things...

well today is friday and it was our first day back at school (at least for us faculty and staff). we spent the day getting ready for the kiddos to come back on monday. it is so funny that i wake up this morning with the intention of getting soooo much done in my classroom, and as soon as i get there i lose all motivation. i was able to get the next 3 weeks worth of lesson planning completed as well as fix my classroom library up a little. the kiddos wrecked it the last week before break, which by the way is a good thing, because that means i know they are at least interested in the books i have.

working at the doctors office during break was great-but i am getting sick which is not great. the best place to pick up germs is in a place where a bunch of sick children congregate. you would think i had enough immunity to all the little germs that get passed by working at a school and a doctors office the last 10 years (give or take a few years) but nope....i still get sick. i think this time i can thank warren. he has been sick all last week. luckily it is friday and i have the weekend to recoup before having to brave all my middle school children. i just have to get passed tomorrow morning at the doctors office, then i have about a day and a half to get better. i also brought home some work to finish up before monday, but i will probably just end up letting the bags stare at me from the bench in my kitchen. :)

i am so thankful that my cohort in crime at school, even though we are both first year teachers, has known me the last 4 years or so. we went to college and graduated together. so it was easier starting this year with him being the other 7th grade social studies teacher because he knew who i was and already knew about me and all of my crazy tendencies. he once again came to my rescue today when i told him i was feeling under the weather. he brought me some hot water and gave me some airborne, which i have never taken before- but he swears by it. i am hoping that will save me from getting too sick.







so after school today i remembered i needed to stop by the office supply store and get a couple of things for my classroom, and i needed to use up my rewards certificate i had before it expired. i knew exactly what i wanted to get, and with not feeling well-it took everything i had to stop there at all. all i wanted to do was run in grab it and leave. when i looked around the entire store twice i finally asked an associate if they had any of what i was looking for. of course they didn't have any in the store. they could order it online, but it would take a while to ship and get it to the store. that meant i would have to go back to the store i didn't even want to go to originally to pick it up. no thank you....so plan b, i have to go tomorrow to another store to see if they have what i am looking for. crossing my fingers they do!!!

i am so excited because miss morgy is coming home tonight. she spent the week in atlanta with the grandparents. they saved us this week, when or original babysitters fell through. and i get to pick miss maddie up from my mom's in asheville tomorrow after work. then the house will be complete again-just in time for the girls to start back to school on monday.

welp tonight i am going to be lazy and stay in bed and watch the two movies i rented from the express rental outside of bilo with my fur babies.








until next time...

"all great achievements require time" -maya angelou

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment